Friday, November 16, 2007

Capcom Thinks Wii Owners are Dumb

I had never played Resident Evil before 4. The genre just didn't interest me. The only reason I bought 4 was because of the fantastic, near perfect reviews.

That being said, my experience with Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube wasn't very positive. I couldn't aim correctly so I never even made it to the first type writer.

Well, a few months ago, I picked up the game again but for the Wii this time. Now, I could aim and now I understood what those rave reviews were talking about. What a fantastic game!

Now, eager to play some more Resident Evil, I picked up the new installment of the franchise for the Wii... Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. Well, if you're looking for the next great RE game, don't look here.

To put it mildly, this game seems to have been dumbed down for the Wii users. It has more of an arcade style to it. You can play the game pretty much without the nunchuck.

I love my Wii. I think it's the only true next generation console. Unfortunately, most 3rd party publishers are content with dumping bad games on it and then complaining that Nintendo has too much of a market share on their consoles.

Well, I have news for these publishers, Nintendo makes really good games hence why people are willing to give money to buy them. In any case, if you own a Wii, avoid The Umbrella Chronicles, just play the 4th game again.

No comments: