Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Red Rings of Light

Once again, my xbox console has succumbed to the dreaded 3 red rings of light problem. This is now the 3rd time this year. Obviously, I am a little peeved even with this now being covered by the xbox warranty.

That being said, this is not another rant on this problem. This has been covered to death by so many people, I don't see how one more would help (or hurt).

This post is more about praising the xbox support team. When I called yesterday, once again, I talked to somebody that was incredibly nice, incredibly helpful in getting this taken care of. Microsoft also threw in a one month xbox gold card for my troubles. I can only imagine how many people this person fields in just a day just for this specific problem. Even assuming all customers are nice and polite, the repetitiveness of this task must be daunting at best.

Yes, it's annoying, but I still think Microsoft is a company that has learned from its mistakes, continues to learn everyday and keeps on improving. As much as I hated Microsoft in the nineties, preaching the Linux gospel and what not, I feel that no one, not even Microsoft is beyond redemption.

No comments: