Friday, January 16, 2009

Battlestar Galactica

The season premiere just ended and I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. However, talk about living up to the hype. The show has been on hiatus for a year now courtesy of the writer's strike.

I always liked sci-fi but not sci-fi shows, e.g., Star Trek and Star Wars to name a few, just placeholders, something to fill the void but not particularly enjoyable. This show, however, goes beyond its genre.

The premiere was beyond anything I could have hoped for. I believe this show will live on as a pillar of American television. A milestone, a new standard of what quality should be and what it needs to be to keep audiences engaged.

Now, spoiler/theory alert. Do not keep reading if you don't want to know what I think.

There is no way in hell that Helen is the last Cylon. However, that doesn't mean she isn't a Cylon of course. We now know, thanks to Saul Tigh, that a Cylon can grow older. I believe Helen is an aged #6 model.

Who knows what Starbuck is at this point, or Dee, or anyone for that matter. It just seems to point to that everyone is a Cylon or at least a descendant of one.

No comments: